BCCGN training awards are available to assist BC medical students, student researchers, post docs and technicians to benefit from project based training in genetics, genomics, genomic data analysis, database design and knowledge translation in the field of genomics under the supervision of an expert in the field.
Eligible training award proposals shall include the following:
- Training in genetics, genomics, genomic data analysis and database design and knowledge translation in the field of genomics.
To be eligible the applicant must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- medical, undergraduate or graduate student studying in BC.
- medical, undergraduate or graduate student who is a BC resident.
- post doctoral fellow or junior faculty member working in BC.
- technician working in BC on technology critical to the development of genomics.
Applications will be judged on expected benefits to the candidate, their research and potential contribution to the further development of clinical genomics in BC.
Applications can be submitted at any time by submitting an application form.
Successful applicants will be notified within 30 days following submission.
Only one award may be awarded per applicant.
Awards will be assessed, according to date of receipt.
Awards will be granted until the allocated funds for the year are used.
Awards are not retroactive for prior training.
BACK TO AWARDS